For International Women's Day 2018 (March 8), the world is asked to #PressforProgress.
Run a #PressforProgress IWD campaign
One of the most powerful ways you can influence how quickly gender parity is achieved is through championing your own #PressforProgress campaign within your own community, network, organisation or group.
CALL FOR ACTION: ask friends and colleagues what progressive actions they're taking to help drive gender parity (e.g. challenge statements that limit women; always use inclusive language; take a junior woman to a client or sales meeting; challenge organisers of all-male speaking panels; launch a purposeful female-focused initiative; educate boys about stereotypes and violence against women; nominate women for senior jobs; donate time to a female-focused charity; mentor a woman; form a support network; etc)
- DECLARE ACTION: ask friends and colleagues to declare progressive action on the IWD website
- DOWNLOAD SELFIE CARDS: use the #PressforProgress selfie cards for social media amplification, with the hands out (pressing) action
- DOWNLOAD POSTERS: download the #PressforProgress posters and ask colleagues to write or add yellow sticky notes for their progressive actions
- EMBED WIDGET: embed the #PressforProgress widget on your own website or intranet and call for others to declare their progressive action
- WATCH IWD VIDEOS: watch these purposeful videos or broadcast them at events to educate and inspire others, and remember to submit your own for potential inclusion on the IWD videos page
- SEARCH OR PUBLISH IWD EVENTS: participate in IWD events worldwide
Visit www.internationalwomensday.com for further resources, guidance and more.
Let's all #PressforProgress on this International Women's Day and beyond.