This is it people: no matter where in the world you are, make sure you've photographed your postcards, tagged them #TheIdesOfTrump, and then PUT THEM IN THE MAIL TODAY
ON MARCH 15TH, 2017 EACH OF US WILL MAIL THE WHITE HOUSE A POSTCARD THAT PUBLICLY EXPRESSES OUR VOCAL OPPOSITION TO THE NEW PRESIDENT. AND WE, IN VAST NUMBERS, FROM ALL CORNERS OF THE WORLD, WILL OVERWHELM WASHINGTON.
We will show the man, the media, and the politicians how vast our numbers are and we will bury the White House post office in pink slips, all informing the President that he’s fired!
Each of us — every protester from every march, each Congress calling citizen, every boycotter, volunteer, donor, and petition signer — will write a single postcard and put them all in the mail on the same day, March 15th, 2017.
No alternative fact or Russian translation will explain away our record-breaking, officially-verifiable, warehouse-filling flood of fury. Hank Aaron currently holds the record for fan mail, having received 900,000 pieces in a year. We’re setting a new record: over a million pieces in a day.
So sharpen your wit, unsheathe your writing implements, and write from the heart. All of our issues — DAPL, women’s rights, racial discrimination, religious freedom, immigration, economic security, education, the environment, conflicts of interest, the existence of facts — can and should find common cause. That cause is to make it irrefutable that the president’s claim of wide support is a farce.
He may draw a big crowd with empty promises, but the crowd of those that oppose his agenda is exponentially larger. And we will show up to protest, to vote, and to be heard. Again and again and again.
PREPARE FOR MARCH 15TH, 2017, A DAY HEREAFTER TO BE KNOWN AS #THEIDESOFTRUMP.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Write one postcard. Write a dozen! Create your own cards, buy them, share them, it doesn’t matter as long as you write #TheIdes or #TheIdesOfTrump on them somewhere.
2. Take a picture of your cards and post them on social media (tagged with #TheIdesOfTrump or #TheIdes, please). This will help us verify our numbers.
3. Spread the word! Everyone on Earth can let Washington know their opinion of the President. They can’t build a wall high enough to stop the mail.
4. Then, on March 15th, mail your cards to:
The President (for now)
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
5. Get ready for the NEXT postcard campaign, and the next, and the next — because we’re not going away. We will make ourselves heard by joining together. And together, we will wield the kind of political clout that can’t be ignored.